Information For Your Business
Signing up an apprentice or trainee just got easier
Recruitment and Selection
- Shortlist applicants and conduct 1st round Interviews for the host business;
- Aptitude testing;
- Reference checking;
- Pre-employment medical and drug & alcohol testing conducted;
- Police Checks and Right to Work In Australia checks (when required).
Sign-up & Induction of Apprentices/Trainees
- Ensure the Training Contract is signed and submitted;
- RTO selected and organised to deliver training;
- All employment paperwork is completed;
- Induction completed, including information on Workplace Health & Safety, Harrassment,Discrimination & Bullying.
Payroll- Wages & Entitlements
- Payment of wages to Apprentice/Trainee under relevant award/eba/agreement,
- Ensure any required FWA wage increases are implemented;
- Maintain all relevant accruals (including Annual Leave/Sick Leave and RDO if applicable);
- Superannuation, workcover & tool allowance payments made.
Field Services / Pastoral Care
- Dedicated Field Officer;
- Performance management;
- Regular contact visits;
- Log book reviews;
- Organise all required training;
- Arranging skills rotation;
- Nomination for Awards Nights.
Did you know that TORGAS now also offers a very competitve Labour Hire service, as well as a Recruitment Only service and a Payroll Only service? Register your interest today.
TORGAS is committed to promptly identifying changes to legislation, standards, processes and ensuring their impact on the organisation is assessed, amendments made and changes implemented.
TORGAS aims to achieve 'best practice' by maintaining a high standard for conducting business, which applies to all areas of management. This is achieved by adhering to an established Code of Conduct and a policy that requires all situations/incidents that have or could result in an unacceptable standard be treated with urgency, effectively managed and proactively processed.
TORGAS adopts a continuous improvement approach that is responsive to customer and industry needs as well as legislative and organisational requirements.
TORGAS is guided by the quality management principles and standards of the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO 9001:2008) and the objectives and national standards of Group Training Organisations (GTO:2006).