Benefits of Being a TORGAS Apprentice/Trainee
TORGAS gives apprentices and trainees important career guidance and the opportunity to earn while you learn.
Under TORGAS, apprentices and trainees are placed with host businesses for an agreed period of time during which they gain valuable practical on-the-job and technical off-the-job training.
Apprentices and trainees are assisted by professional TORGAS Field Officers who:-
- provides ongoing support and mentoring;
- looks after all administration;
- acts as a go between with the host business;
- arranges college attendance, leaving apprentices and trainees free to focus on the job of learning and developing their skills.
- we make sure that the apprentices and trainees receive all the correct pay entitlements and increases.
- we help you get a job with a highly regarded Host Business.
- we ensure you receive a full induction before you start.
- we help you get ready for your first day on the job providing uniform and boots (if applicable).
- we pay you weekly (unless arranged otherwise).
- we make sure you get all your training.
- we regularly visit you at work to make sure you're safe, we provide mentoring and support from start to finish.
- we reward outstanding apprentices and trainees at our Annual Awards Night.
- we reassure you that it costs you nothing to be a TORGAS apprentice/trainee.
You can be a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or simply wishing to change careers. Interested candidates should register online, visit your nearest TORGAS office or call 1300 TORGAS.